" We can't do those type of things. We are not The Rockefellers, We are not The Kennedys. We don't buy good things, we do not go on vacations. We just get by somehow!"
This is a statement exemplifying what our 43rd President would describe as " The Bigotry of Soft Expectations." This states, in effect, " " We have nothing, We are nothing and thus, We can achieve nothing."
Sadly, This is what I was OFTEN told by my parents when I was a child. It is horrible when people consign themselves and those they are SUPPOSED to love with this viewpoint.
We, too often, as a society, extend this same view to our fellow Americans. Many of those who are provided assistance are asked to live with in cripplingly limiting means and are encouraged to stay there and be confined and constrained.
I think we need, on this Fourth of July, This 237TH Independence Day, to get back to asking people tro do all they can to live their lives to the fullness of their hopes, possibilites, abilities, capacity and potential.
Choosing not to do so when an INDIVIDUAL has the ability to act cannot be an acceptable response from any of our fellow Americans! If we want to be a Nation with a grand future, We all must be contributers to the fullest extent that we can be in our own lives.
If I can make a difference in my life and I decide to not act to do so, Then I am the full reason why I am incapable of succeeding
Happy Fourth of July to one and all!
- Johnny -.
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment