On Wednesday, January 30TH in Greater Washington DC, The weather was rainy and extremely slick- just as it was 14 days earlier on the night of January 16TH,
On The 16Th, I was stubborn and full of myself. I wanted to get out of the cold and the wet that night asap. I got ready to cross at The Intersection of Little River Turnpike and Evergreen Lane in Down Town Annandale , VA!
Evergreen Lane is a VERY steep hill and cars navigating it turn on to Little River Turnpike.
That night, I believe that I saw that I had the light- not 100 % certain, I was anxious also to get across and catch a bus that I saw was coming. I started across and never made it to the median strip. As far as I can tell, I was hit by a Car going at a legal speed down Evergreen Lane that might just have taken the turn too fast due to the very wet road conditions.
Six hours in an ER, Six stitches to repair my left ear lobe and a shoulder - my left- a that is just beginning to feel right again 16 full days later- was what I went through due to that accident. I also have a large lump on top of my head that is still noticeable My stamina and energy are still NOT what I'd like them to be.
The accident happened shortly before 18;00 on the 16th. Shortly before 5 PM on the 30TH on a dreary night with a heavy rain, I needed to cross Little River Turnpike again in Downtown Annandale.
There was no bravado and gumption that night. I shook noticeably about halfway across, I was highly afraid and tense. I actually shed a few tears. I was tense for hours afterwards- never really calmed down during the rest of that night- it even affected how I slept Wednesday Night into Yesterday- Thursday.
I wish I had the elan of a hero. You suffer quietly and make people ohh and ahh about the impressive way you get through things like this without a tear, a groan or a whimper. If you must you must do any such thing, it is done privately, so none EVER take note of it!
However, Some people also hide from the world, shrink and reduce their lives after such events.Since the 18th, I've given a Speech, helped a HS Speech and Debate Team and prepared a detailed 50 Minute training session that I will present- Tomorrow- On Ground Hogs Day 2013.
A good friend tells me that I am, Far too often , My Own Critic. My Mother, often in mockery and derision often told me, as a child that I WAS, " Weak, A sissy and a Coward" and " You let everything defeat you!"
Well. No one mistakes me for a Kryptonian of late, However, I don't think I'm carrying on in a weak, cowardly wussy and defeated manner either!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment