When we say " ENOUGH" and "Now" !!!!!!
" God, I'm cold, I'm tired and having foggy and then rainy weather go on from Friday through After dark on Wednesday. I'm simply fully tired of this."
I was peeved as I was walking down a steep hill in Annandale, Virginia, Just outside of Washington, DC, 5:30 PM, two days ago- Wednesday, January 16TH
I'd had a successful day- I worked as a Volunteer as A Speech Team Coach with The Annandale HS Speech and Debate Team. I also stopped for a great cup of coffee - AS ALWAYS- at The Beanetics Coffee Store in Downtown Annandale.
The weather was still grey and rainy. There were predictions- that never came to pass- of heavy snow arriving the next day. It was a cold, raw night.
I just wanted to get across Little River Turn Pike- a large and treacherous crossing- catch a bus. go Food Shopping arrive back home and be warm and dry.
I thought I had the light- looking back now, I'm not a 100% sure. It really did NOT matter however when I was run over by a car while crossing.
I'm ok- a bit battered - a separated shoulder, a torn left ear lobe that was stitched back together a large bump on the back of my head and assorted owies.
I am grateful. It could have been much worse.
I saw my problem to solve as the rain, the cold and a possible snow stoirm and getting enough provisions to get through it.
My Haste and My Wanting Comfort " NOW" were the problem that night and I would have been far wiser to not be too hasty to indulge them!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment