It is often said that our elected officials are deaf and insensitive to the people who voted them into office.
Here, Then is an idea. What if each legislator- Federal Level- had to list publicly the amount of mail, telephone calls and e-mail they will get get pros and cons to tied to that legislation and the representatives vote on that piece of legislation, It will also summarize the top argument offered by the constituents pro and con that legislation and the vote made on that legislation.
This will tell me/ us , over time , how ACTUALLY representative my elected official is. It will also show me , more clearly, who has influence with him or her.
I do get that people make stands on what they strongly believe to be right. Having this analysis on the votes will tell me whether the person is living by their principles are offering veiled excuses.
This is also great opposition resource material. Our brains, our technology, our resourcefulness and our desire to elect accountable men and women can be satisfied civilly and creatively and EFFECTIVELY!
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment