I worship at The Greace Community Church of Arlington, Va. Our Pastor, John Slye, introduce a NEW SEVEN WEEK SERIES entiled - Life. This series is based upon the Gospel of John.
Pastor John statred the series by telling us about the stress endemic upon those who love in The Greater Washington DC Area. Each person was given a soft stress ball upon entering the sanctuary.
Pastor John is a BIG!!!! Redskins fan and was still basking in the glow of last Sunday's game. We had two men come up on stage and put on a Redskins and a Cow oys Helmet with a large basket above the helmet and attached to it.
The Two Men than walked around the snctuary as we were urged to fill the basket of our choice by throwing ouur ball at it.
The Redskin basket filled fuller. It was , indeed, a BALLSY, church sevice.
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment