Popular Posts

Monday, August 13, 2012

Dealing with reluctance in a mature and intelligent way

 I have a serious character weakness. whenever I'm ask to do something I find " Not my druther or something that i don't do well, loathe or simply feel is beneath me , I tend to sulk whine, duck it, offer to resign, engage in totally avoident behavior or say and stand  by the statement that " Someone, anyone else needs to do this."


  I notice that my self-esteem droops noticeably and I really am not a good or wonderful person to be around. Character, good character and noble character,, enables a person not to be need to be catered to, placated to and babied manner.

 An adult can take a deep breathe, admit, " I really don't like doing this at all." but I do NOT need to fully love an activity in order to engage in it and do it well and skillfully. Caring about making a true and worthy contribution and caring enough about those who you are partnered with to honor them by being fully in and performing with that in mind is of great gain to the person " eating that spinach" at that moment.

 Brats, The Entitled, The Immature, The Anti- Social  are the ones who feel that " I will only excel when I do what I love to do and enjoy!' must be the way they live 24/ 7. Those who contribute well and powerfully touch and transform powerfully and positively  the lives of others will say " I don't have to be happy or be in love with who I'm with" to be kind, fair, caring about that person as a fellow human being  to the person I'm work with, working for or working to represent or on the behalf of!" I don't have to think an activity is THE BEST OF ALL POSSIBLE ACTIVITIES in order to be splendid at  getting that task done fully and in a truly quality manner!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment