Popular Posts

Thursday, November 1, 2012

" Short,Nasty and Brutish" - Is this The Road.that....

Our Nation is now traveling along ?

    I do like Dave Ramsey, I am a fan of his. However, I do cringe when he castigates people for the amountt of money they spent on educations that can't immediately lead to employment and steady and reliable wage earning?

 I will say there is much to be  commended to advocating that a person, if it is possible andpractical to do so get an education without going into severe debt.

 Yet, Where I pause and cringe is at the idea of more practical and valuable degrees and less practical and valuable degrees? Is Hydrology  more valuable than Music?  Is Accounting vastly Superior to History as a Course of Study? Is Computer Design more valuable than studying Astronomy>

I do not doubt that our US Society will survive through our current times of difficulty, angst and tumult. I do worry about  our nation being weakened and made less marvelous by a nation that puts upon our Educational System the Burden of producing students that will be able to gain lucrative employment immediately after graduation!

My Best Friend is a talented photographer, sculptor, painter and writer. These do not seem to be things that some would say,  " We must be able to do well in order to insure our day to day survival!" .Yet, I find  myself appreciating these fine and soul, spirit and intellect -enhancing arts as I see these disciplines of study and quality enhancement through her eyes.

If America mocks such  fields of study as ' Luxuries" because they provide  a very poor " Return on Investment", I do worry about  The Future of The Quality of Life in our Nation in the years soon to arrive!

Life is important.. As is Day to Day " Making it". Yet as Yoda might Say, " Life without Quality- Poor Life Indeed!"

 This is the end of My 2,400TH Post on This Blog!

- Johnny -



 

No comments:

Post a Comment