Popular Posts

Friday, March 1, 2013

Yada, Yada - 2013 Style

 " Yada, Yada" is a phrase that came out of The Jerry Seinfeld TV Show. The phrase conveys the idea - " Yet Another Detail."

It was intended to get people to cut to the chase, to address the core, the heart of the matter.

I find it , too often, expresses my impatience and haste in getting things done. I prefer to get to things quickly, get through them rapidly and then move on.

I found myself screaming " Yet Another " detail at my life a number of times today. This did not serve me well.

I fussed over corrections that I needed to make on an internet forum posting as well as how long it took me to type an e-mail admitting that I had made an error.

I wanted to do something so I actually wanted the internet offerings that I was working on to correct themselves or be acceptable no matter how poorly I typed them.

The Details are important and matter. I need to remember that what I send IS a reflection of me!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment