Popular Posts

Saturday, November 2, 2013

What has Toastmasters Done for Me?



      I have been a Toastmaster in Greater Washington DC since February 11TH, 1991. During these years, I've been trained and taught to give effective and coherent speeches that are presented with skill, poise and pinache.

 I have learned the art of expressing myself effectively without advanced preparation. I have gained the invaluable resource of becoming an intuitive presenter and advocate.


I have also been trained to well-provide the valuable gift of being an effective, motivating and empowering speech evaluator. I am able to become a teammate of a presenter - working with him or her  to become a confident and improving presenter.


I've also learned to organize well and design stimulating meeting agendas and lead engaging meetings.  I've also learned that great leaders gain leadership training by being willing to step forward and lead under the direction of mentors who advise and guide them as they lead.


I am a much more giving and willing to serve individual as a result of what has been invested in me, over the last 22 PLUS years, by my dedicated Fellow Toastmasters!


- Johnny -





No comments:

Post a Comment