On November 16TH, I turned 59. I once, and for obnoxiously too long, stubbornly believed that you had to be young, handsome, wealthy, favored by fortune, family or connection to be an achiever, an accomplisher, someone who can improve lives, fortune and circumstance.
I've reflected on me a TREMENDOUS AMOUNT since the very First seconds of Last Saturday arrived. The cynical, the manipulative, the evil, the corrupt and the malevolently vicious and twisted bank and thrive upon a simple reality- that most of us give up too easily and are too easy to frustrate and entice into surrendering.
You make it too hard, too painful and make us pay too high a price and we will allow you to win. We will assure the triumph of the rogues and the self-serving by doing nothing to challenge you.
Yet, There is a precious secret that nobility, heroism and sanctity exalt over. That there are souls who will fight the battle, no matter what the cost. That there are those among us who will absolutely march into the hottest and most repulsive and hideous hell to win the day for a Heavenly Cause!
As one who allowed gifting, ability and creativity to nearly be snuffed out by adversity, struggle and by the militantly uncaring and unctuously indifferent, know that Age 59 is not a barrier to any good purpose, commitment , accomplishment or achievement.
Fortune, thus, it would appear favors the volunteers and those who are insistently tenacious. I also have learned that the key is to standout and be determined to be identified as who you are. There is supreme value in being yourself and seeing others, no matter what, as individuals.
You can change the world, mightily, significantly, enduringly, profoundly and pervasively by knowing that people can teach, empower and train other people to think better , to choose better and to live better.
The World, then is like The NBA, One on One is a winning way to play and to live!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment