Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Saturday, November 2, 2013
What has Toastmasters Done for Me?
I have been a Toastmaster in Greater Washington DC since February 11TH, 1991. During these years, I've been trained and taught to give effective and coherent speeches that are presented with skill, poise and pinache.
I have learned the art of expressing myself effectively without advanced preparation. I have gained the invaluable resource of becoming an intuitive presenter and advocate.
I have also been trained to well-provide the valuable gift of being an effective, motivating and empowering speech evaluator. I am able to become a teammate of a presenter - working with him or her to become a confident and improving presenter.
I've also learned to organize well and design stimulating meeting agendas and lead engaging meetings. I've also learned that great leaders gain leadership training by being willing to step forward and lead under the direction of mentors who advise and guide them as they lead.
I am a much more giving and willing to serve individual as a result of what has been invested in me, over the last 22 PLUS years, by my dedicated Fellow Toastmasters!
- Johnny -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment