Popular Posts

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Freedom from Sulky and Pathetic Brattiness

 " You hurt my feelings. You are mean. Get away from me. I don't want to be your friend anymore." Children are easily offended and easily angered. They see today as lasting forever and to be hurt, offended , sad, frustrated and unhappy now MEANS, of course, it will last eternally and beyond that.

Our heart does out to FIVE year olds who respond to a  SEEMINGLY nasty emotional wound that way. We are a little concerned when a NINE year old respond this exact same way. We vchallenger 14 year olds who are this easily emotionally wounded.

We know that 50ish men who respond to a rough conversation with some one they love this way need to " grow a pair", grow up and be realistic.

I've sulked too long today after feeling MISTAKENLY that I've been dissed last night by the love of my life. Life is too short, she is too amazing and there are too many good things to relish and thrive over to act like a " too easily rattled 5 year old in a sandbox " !

I am GRATEFUL for a slow day that gave me the chance to reflect and to decide it is best, TODAY, to be wise and prudent!


- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment