Popular Posts

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Radically Askew

 I am moving- leaving a 35 plus, nearly 36 year life, having lived in Greater DC in various area throughout this period of time - In The City, In Bethesda, Rockville, Gaithersburg, Reston. Takoma Park, Arlington and In The Fairfax County Section of Alexandria, in a section called Lincolnia.

 I live next to the broken and haunted shell of what used to be a high dollar shopping mall- Landmark Mall. I live in a part of a suburb that is really very inner city in character, feel and appearance.

I've really wanted out of Greater DC for a number of years- in a strong way- since the last days of 1998. The messy death of someone I deeply cared for made me want to flee this area. I've just had this as a spirit disruptive wish for many years. Finally, In Early July of 2012, The Way of Escape  materialized - a destination to journey to become clear.

Over this weekend, I started packing. Over 100 books are boxed and on the floor of my living room. I ALSO spent time dismantling my kitchen and background as well. The contents of both are placed throughout the apartment. This due to an inspection for roaches to occur on Tuesday The Eighth.

 I am not thrilled with where I live. It is what I can afford. It seems to be visually unappealing and not hardly an inviting and friendly place. I really would rather ignore and not cooperate with that notice but on my door- but I am doing so anyway!

The chaos is a bit overwhelming and unnerving. Yet, My future beckons! I've had thoughts of panicking- stopping the process and saying. Yet, I know there is precious little for me here now and six months after deciding to stay, It is highly likely yearn to leave this are again.

Therefore, I say I can't let discomfort and a 3 month process of getting ready cause me to abandon what I know is best. January 13Th is inching here to be sure, but it will arrive and I shall leave!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment