Karl Marx once derided religion, especially organized religion as being " the opiate of the masses". He disnissed it as a way of hiding from life and making yourself free of living in the real and prictical world by taking your attention away from issue and soaking your brain, emotions and coping skills in fairy tales meant to explain what people dod not have the scientific knowlwdge to decipher in long ago times.
Yet, I find , in 2012, many people steadfastly maintaining that they are not religion but rather spiritually focused and oriented. They see that life is not all about them! they see, perhaps even more astutely that all of creation is not defined solely by the sum of the lives, hopes, dreams and lonings of all of those who ever have lived, live now or ever will live on The Planet we call The Earth.
Many of those who are spiritually focused differ on the Nature of this beyondness even as to whether that beyondness has a defined iondividual identity or is just undefinable- forever so!
Yet, Many believe that tthis " higher Power or Indluence" is present and is meaningful. It gives life preciousness, stability definition, nobility and a sense, somehow of everlastingmess. This few point seems anything but shallow, a chimera or a type of dedening hallucinagen or narcotic.
Perhaps when you define yourself and your fellows as all there is- and that what you decide masters and control all that matters and exists , perhaps, then ,you are creating your own designer opiate!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment