Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Hunk- Lessons from an 80's Cheesy Movie

 The Plot - A nerdy recent college grad is failing at his job at a computer firm. He is facing being fired. He offers to sell his soul and he comes with a "wow" idea. His boss then rewards him with a six weeks vacation at a beach community - with an order to develop a mega idea.

 He struggles until  a gorgeous woman offers him " perfect looks and irresistibly" if again he will sell his soul. he is unsteady a bit after being transformed but grown into it. The Satanic temptress disguises herself as a therapist to convince him that he's always been who he is now and that his old life is a delusion. He falls in love with her.

As this is a Hollywood 80's comedy he choose to return to his old like. The temptress is allowed to renounce her vow and become who she was before. This being Hollywood she's still rather attractive even transformed

It is a good movie to ponder just before The Day of Gratitude!.I''ve been lonely and isolated most of my life- that is still still, sadly, all to true even now, Would I be rid of "me" to be handsome, charming, irresistible and sought after"! I'd like to think " No" but I'm glad that My God is good and gracious enough to not put me in a position where I have to say  " no" to that overwhelming temptation!

- Johnny-

No comments:

Post a Comment