Popular Posts

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Has 2011 been " the No Good, Horrible, Very Bad" Year?

 2011-  An Earthquake, The shift of services of my Church, which rents space from an Arlington County, Va Middle School, from a comfortable auditorium to uncomfortable bleachers in a gymnasium. Many heavy rain storms to trudge through or wait for buses in in the last 4 months of the year. This sampling of struggle seems to have just been the way 2011 appeared to be to myself and others that I've chatted with locally, nationally and world wide.. One wag said, " I was ready to fire this year right around Valentine's Day!"

 This year does not over all, based on conversations, newspaper commentaries and media pundits seem to have been a banner year. One commentator said that this is a year that "you will want to dump lime on once it is over!." It was also said to be in a year that, " needs to be buried in an unmarked grave in an area where weeds grow high and quickly."

According to two store mangers I spoke to it was a great year for The Dollar Tree Chain and  7-11. I have noted , over the last few weeks, the phrase " Like it or not" appearing more and more frequently in radio programs and even in newscasts. The tone is that of " What you are about to tell will annoy, frustrate and displease you , however...  I heard it used in a story of a likely 2012 local transit increase. I understand one coach EVEN used it, or so I've been told, to describe the current state of his sports team.

I do predict that the phrase, " Like it or not" will be heard from time to time during The 2012 Presidential Election Season!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment