Popular Posts

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Most Unwanted Day---- On The Surface

 Yesterday was Christmas observed. This due to Sunday being Christmas. However , The Day was a partial dismantling of Christmas for me. I received a note saying that my apartment , among others, would be visited by the exterminators today.

   This meant that I had to dismantle the Christmas decorations on my dining room table yesterday. I decorated my apartment with the major assistance of some good Church Friends on the 11TH of December. They did a tremendous job on the dining room table. I dismantled it to place the items from my kitchen that I needed to move from the kitchen. This was not something I wanted to do on the 26Th of December. The extermination could have been scheduled for early January. Not really great timing! I

 I've re-assembled the dining room decorations- they are no where what they were from the 11TH through noon on the 26TH.

 I thought I'd get away from the apartment and tutor today. I also had a book to return to the library. The bus that would have gotten me to the library came and shot passed me, it was substantially early and I just missed it. So, I got to the Library walking in a cold rain.

 I went to wait for a bus one never came that I was waiting. Again, I learned from someone else that the bus were running early throughout the day--- fewer passengers due to the Holiday Week. I then contacted the mother of the boy who I agreed to tutor today. His mother had asked me last week if I'd be available on Tuesday  the 27TH.

 When I called her, I was told today was not workable and she'd like me to tutor her son tomorrow at 2!!!! Arggghhhh!, I'd really hope for a low- key fun no commitment and no unwanted entanglement week. When I agreed to the tutoring, I thought that this would be the only commitment that I'd have all week. The note that I found on the door of my apartment at 5 PM on December 23RD changed that. I wanted to protest! The offices , however closed early on Friday and did not reopen until today at 11- an hour after I left to meet the commitments I thought I had.

 After an hour and 10 minutes of efforet, My apartment is, more or less as it was on Christmas Day!

 I can't say I'm pleased with this. However some sunlight enters into the cold rain that I trudged through today. I did find two great used books in the library that I purchased. After learning of my postponed tutoring session, I found 2 more great books in the library where I retreated to after getting that news. I had a good conversation with someone waiting for a bus and waiting to check out a book, So, While I was not doing anything I wanted to be doing, Yet, I really can't argue that this was NOT where I SHOULD have been! A year ago, I would have argued exactly- LOL!!!! - that!

I even found a game I'd been looking for my X Box 360 at a very low price!

Not the week I sought after, However....

- Johnny-

No comments:

Post a Comment