Popular Posts

Friday, January 18, 2013

God sometimes laughs and shakes His head,

When we say " ENOUGH" and "Now" !!!!!!


  " God, I'm cold, I'm tired and having  foggy and then rainy weather go on from Friday through After dark on Wednesday. I'm simply fully tired of this."


 I was peeved as I was walking down a steep hill in Annandale, Virginia, Just outside of Washington, DC, 5:30 PM, two days ago- Wednesday, January 16TH

 I'd had a successful day- I worked as a Volunteer as A Speech Team Coach with The Annandale HS Speech and Debate Team.  I also stopped for a great cup of coffee - AS ALWAYS- at The Beanetics Coffee Store in Downtown Annandale.

 The weather was still grey and rainy. There were predictions- that never came to pass- of heavy snow arriving the next day. It was a cold, raw night.

 I just wanted to get across Little River Turn Pike- a large and treacherous crossing- catch a bus. go Food Shopping arrive back home and be warm and dry.


I thought I had the light- looking back now, I'm not a 100% sure. It really did NOT matter however when I was run over by a car while crossing.

I'm ok- a bit battered - a separated shoulder, a torn left ear lobe that was stitched back together a large bump on the back of my head and assorted owies.

I am grateful. It could have been much worse.

 I saw my problem to solve  as the rain, the cold and a possible snow stoirm and getting enough provisions to get through it.

 My Haste and My Wanting Comfort " NOW" were the problem that night and I would have been far wiser to not be too hasty to indulge them!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment