Popular Posts

Monday, January 14, 2013

On Problem Enhancers and Bus Queens !

 There is just something most irksome, loathsome , irritating and offensively absurd about people who choose to be difficult and annoying JUST TO BE difficult and annoying!

 On Tuesday, January 8TH, 2013, I was shopping at a Shoppers Food Warehouse In The Lincolnia Section of Alexandria, Va. The shopping bags- plastic- that I'd been given by the check out clerk all fell apart in a short 2 block walk. I always ask the clerk to double bag my items. All told, 6 Bags failed.

 The First Bag failed as soon as I lifted the bag out of the shopping cart I was using. I had some items in my hands , a book and a magazine I'd read in a nearby Mc Donald's and they tumbled out of my hands back into the cart.

 I then had groceries on the side walk and items I need to remove from the cart. I was also aware, at that point, vaguely, there was a woman standing near me. I tried to pick up my items from the sidewalk and the chart. The women, in very bad, difficult to understand English tole me she wanted my cart now. When I refused to respond to her, she became more demanding.

I looked around and saw numerous empty carts readily available. Therefore, I did what it seemed best to do to pick up groceries and put them in other bags and gather my things together! This woman whoever was still insisting that I give her what she was demanding.

 I stood up, made contact and glared at her. I asked, icily, " Don't you know how to behave in public.  Go somewhere else and stop bothering me." " She said , now reaching for my cart. " I no has to!".  It is hard to believe than any intelligent adult would NOT realize that they are making a total azz of themselves, a petulant public nuisance by conducting hi8m or herself in such a manner.


 Then, I've long shaken my head over having to tolerate the childish and arrogant antics of an outwardly impressive older woman who have the severe MISFORTUNE to share a bus ride with FAR!!! TOO! often!

This woman always has an open and seemingly full personal shopping cart. She seems to walk normally and does not show any signs of a disability.Whenever the bus stops, She makes no effort to board it , waiting for either other people waiting along side to carry her cart on to the bus. She is never ready to pay the fare once she gets on, she makes a show out of locating her plastic card to pay her fare. She then takes her time in getting seated and chides the driver not to pull out UNTIL she is seated COMFORTABLY!

This is presumptuous, arrogant and controlling behavior. I've told this woman to stop this, it really is taking advantage of a people and mistreating and taking advantage of. She is quite willing to tell me that she does not care about my concerns and " I will do as I please" I've challenged the drivers for allowing this. I've complained to Metro- a number of times about this- and no actions have been taken to remedy this patent absurdity.

As not everyone gets treated this way- This is discriminatory treatment. It is also an impediment , an unneeded and easy to avoid one- to this bus staying on schedule. I refer to this Rude and Self- Centered Lady as The Queen of The Bus. When all of this happened again on Friday, I loudly challenged her, I told her, " I'm not willing to be held hostage by her vanity and high-handedness on a regular basis" I also told her to stop being " The Queen Of The Bus." I also filed a complaint  against the driver for REFUSING to challenge this behavior.

I think we'd all be better off If we decided to not co-operate and be understanding of  such people and their nuisance behavior. They are seeing what they CAN get away with- what we will allow ourselves to tolerate and roll our eyes and permit by not raising an objection! We'd all live better lives if we told more adults to " behave yourself" or " This is unnecessary, Stop what you are doing now!"

I've lived long period of time In The Greater New York City Area and I've lived- far too long , I now realize, in The Greater Washington DC Area. I'm looking forward to leaving the DC area in a Year! I think the quality of life in such areas and the overall level of tension, cantankerousness and anxiety would lessen if we told prodlem producers and enchances to simply  " Behave" and " Cease what you are doing"


ARRRAGGGHHHHHHH!


- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment