Popular Posts

Monday, April 22, 2013

Expressing Intensely and Meaningfully Heartfelt Gratitude To Those who Serve !


About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt.

Wondering if he was now serving in The Military, I walked up to him and asked. When he answered  " Yes", I offered my hand to him and thanked him for his service.

I often say this to Active Duty Military. At times, to be shame, what I say is far TOO perfunctory,

Today, I expressed the deep gratitude that was welling up inside me,  " I get that what you and others do protect my freedom, my safety and my life. Especially after Boston, I am truly douched by your willingness to be dedicated to Our Country." I did not expect to be, but I teared up by the end of saying what I said !


This is NOT The First time I've ever done this.The situation and the circumstances do not always warrant this more EXTENDED expression of admiration and gratitude and, to be blunt, sometimes I'm too deeply into my " own little world."

Gratitude is most touching when it is intensely expressed to those whop are willing to , if need be, express Their LAST FULL MEASURE of Devotion, on my/ our behalf !


- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment