Popular Posts

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Julius Schwartz and I ...

 The Late Julius ( Julie) Schwartz was a Doyen and Icon at Excellence at DC Comics for over 40 years. I have been a reader of DC for nearly 50 years.

I learned recently, through reading a comic book issued as a tribute to him after his death how much I had in common with him , Sadly, I never had the honor of meeting Mister Schwartz.

We were both born in The Bronx. We both attend Theodore Roosevelt HS- 500 East Fordham Road.We both not only wrote for the School Newspaper- The Square Deal- but served as Editors for it. We both wrote columns for The Paper- He a Humorous Column and I, A Political Column.

It was his innovative work for DC that kept me reading and collecting college beyond my boyhood year. Later on, I met one of his nephews, in Arlington, Va, while coaching Optimist Baseball in North Arlington.

Julie Schwartz- My LOVE for Creativity and Heroic Literature were largely kindled by you. I'm really honored that you and I have walked a number of the same paths!


- Johnny-

No comments:

Post a Comment