Popular Posts

Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Great Dog Moment

Friday, October 11TH, 2013 was the 5Th day of a long and dreary and very rainy week. It had been a week of too much strain, poor coping and too much festering frustration on my part.

 I was much too wrapped up in my own as I descended an escalator to enter The Virginia Square Metro station in Arlington , Virginia.

I lifted my head in an effort to clear my head in an effort to be less me focused. As I looked down I see a Metro Police officer . I thanked him for his service, a very usual practice for me.

I noticed that he had a Dog, A Magnificent German Shepard , at his side. The dog was absorded in playing with a pair of rolled up sock dropping it, picking it up sniffing it and being absorded in plasying with it.

I did feel a stirring in my spirit then , " It is not as you are seeing it. You will get beyond - find joy, laughter and a reason to smile today." I began to smile and laugh for a bit and that broke the spell of gloom.

I shared that at an AA meeting later. A women told me, " I've never heard God spek in the Metro- That ia a first."

God can speak to me in many ways including through a fun loving and enjoying life dog!

- Johnny -


No comments:

Post a Comment