Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Monday, April 22, 2013
Expressing Intensely and Meaningfully Heartfelt Gratitude To Those who Serve !
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt.
Wondering if he was now serving in The Military, I walked up to him and asked. When he answered " Yes", I offered my hand to him and thanked him for his service.
I often say this to Active Duty Military. At times, to be shame, what I say is far TOO perfunctory,
Today, I expressed the deep gratitude that was welling up inside me, " I get that what you and others do protect my freedom, my safety and my life. Especially after Boston, I am truly douched by your willingness to be dedicated to Our Country." I did not expect to be, but I teared up by the end of saying what I said !
This is NOT The First time I've ever done this.The situation and the circumstances do not always warrant this more EXTENDED expression of admiration and gratitude and, to be blunt, sometimes I'm too deeply into my " own little world."
Gratitude is most touching when it is intensely expressed to those whop are willing to , if need be, express Their LAST FULL MEASURE of Devotion, on my/ our behalf !
- Johnny -
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment