The Late Julius ( Julie) Schwartz was a Doyen and Icon at Excellence at DC Comics for over 40 years. I have been a reader of DC for nearly 50 years.
I learned recently, through reading a comic book issued as a tribute to him after his death how much I had in common with him , Sadly, I never had the honor of meeting Mister Schwartz.
We were both born in The Bronx. We both attend Theodore Roosevelt HS- 500 East Fordham Road.We both not only wrote for the School Newspaper- The Square Deal- but served as Editors for it. We both wrote columns for The Paper- He a Humorous Column and I, A Political Column.
It was his innovative work for DC that kept me reading and collecting college beyond my boyhood year. Later on, I met one of his nephews, in Arlington, Va, while coaching Optimist Baseball in North Arlington.
Julie Schwartz- My LOVE for Creativity and Heroic Literature were largely kindled by you. I'm really honored that you and I have walked a number of the same paths!
- Johnny-
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment