Myself included ! One of my Parents died and another was dying during the second half of this yea. My Mom died on July 11Th, 2001- My Dad suffering in agony from Rectal Cancer died on January 6TH, 2002.
The consequences of an abusive and scarring child hodd afflicted me during those 6 months. I had not been in contact with my parents for years- It was a part of my healing this this be so. I did have contact with my sister Jean, but this was infrequent.
On July 15TH, I learned of my mothers death. I was in Hendersonville, NC, working at a Four Square Scopel Camp- Camp Courtney at that time. God did a lot of healing during that next week.
My sister Jean stood as a barrier to contacting my father and he died without my having a last conversation with him.
9/11 / 01 affected everyone and I grived for my country as did many in the days to come after the events in New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
I also grieved for my childhood stiil hurting me as a 46 year old adult. God, Thank you for getting me through and beyond those so dark and melancoly days!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment