It is said that following dreams that you are not practically prepare, trained and ready to effectively fulfill is a recipe for heartache, ruin and tragedy.
I once had dreams of holding elected office and making a positive, significant lasting and truly historic difference in the American Governmental System. My plan was to start by getting a job on a Congressional Staff.
There was a clear flaw to this ----- I did not type at all in Early 1978 when I was getting ready to pursue my dream . I still do not type well- I barely hunt and peck- to type- LOL- the truth.
This led, in large part- to my dream dying stillborn. The only reason I wanted to leave Frostburg, where I lived at the time anmd loved- was to become a Political Actor.
When that never came to pass, I started to fall out of love, as year after year came and went with living in Greater Washington DC! For I was here for the wrong reason, as I look back over the last now 35 and a half years plus, I could not do the one thing here that I had longed to do since I was 10 years old. While there were numerous other options to pursue, needless to say, I could not live out THE REASON that I felt compellwed and driven to come to Our Nation's Capital to pursue!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment