Popular Posts

Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Importance of learning to STOP complaining.

 It's annoying, it sounds pathetic and as if your life is controlled by anyone and everyone except for the person who is droning on and on and on! Yuck, It is called c-o-m-p-l-a-i-n-g! It is tiresome, boring and MANY see it as the perfect perfect reason for having anything to do something.

Complaining, sadly has far too often ME!!!! - Johnny !  It is something that I am working VERY MUCH to be rid of INDEED to free myself of. What complaining  is is asking some, likely and ultimately God Himself to change something that I am not pleased with and change it to my liking! It is a thinly disguised form of brattiness- an adult engaging in the worst form of acting out- a temper tantrum.

Sometimes the most effective for of self-valuing is something not always talked about in the literature of therapy- self tough love! You know that you cannot change anyone but yourself- so it is folly to demand that others twist and contort themselves- make their lives less pleasing to them -in order to advantage you- No intelligent adult is going to play along with that! I know,very clearly, that taking a short-term action that provide a result I like RIGHT NOW could have a long term boomerrang effect at a future time. The result I like and the boomerang outcome that will later arrive are truly a package deal- so I really cannot complain about the pain caused to me when the boomerang strikes- I, realsticallly, KNEW that the boomerrang was going to arrive!

I can always choose wisely and sometimes either decide to do without or plan to soldier through the " not wonderful times" without complaining. Accepting and living with a bad result and making the best of it or working to fight to either get beyond what has occurred or working to bring about a change that will bring about a pervasive change in my circumstances are , indeed, mature and wise alternatives to live a better life- a life that others will want to be invested in and be involved in! Complaining is a weak and pathetic way to respond to life's tough times. I deserve to be seen as weak and pathetic when I decide to complain!

- Johnny -



.

No comments:

Post a Comment