Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

No day is TRULY just one in a set of 365 or 366 !!!!!!

 Early Jaurary is treated , quite often, in a Rodney Dangerfieldish manner- It simply gets NO!!! RESPECT. It is just something you have to trudge through. It can be considered to be " A day to get through SOMEHOW!" It is also considered a time to say " We've had great times, We will get back to them again but today is just nothing special!

  Today is a day that is anything pbut yet another 23 hour and 56 minute span of time to me. Today is the BIRTHDAY of my friend, a lovely lady named Krista Slye! She is a phenomenal wife to my good friend and my pastor, John Syle. As he said last night, " She is the REAL PASTOR an Theologian of this church! She is raising two impressive children who have never doubted for one second that they are loved and valued and celebrated. She is wise, clever and highly insightful. I enjoy and treasure each conversation I have with her and devoutly wish that I MIGHT be allowed to have many more conversations with her!

Life loses flavor, power and dignity when we disregard any day as unworthy for us to deal with ! I'm glad that Krista's Birthday gives me a marvelous chance to opine upon this theme!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment