Popular Posts

Friday, January 28, 2011

Yes! There are Gray Days! - Some Practical Thoughts.

 There are annoying days, tedious days, nasty days, boring days and very painful days! Our attitudes can make them either easier or more difficult for us to deal with . Yet, Our attitudes are truly not magic wands, Our saying that a day is good oe bad, wonderful or yucky does not INSTANTLY change the events weather, actions, people you are deal with, amount of money yo have or do not have or anything else.

 Many will tell you to think of something positive but that, at least to me, does not tend to work for very long. If I'm really unhappy or displeased.Distracting myself does not last for very long, I'm very stubborn and opinionated!

I start to work to improve my mood in a gray or unpleasant circumstances by reminding myself of an absolute truth- time keeps moving. All things that I deal with begin, continue on for a while and will end. So, You have a victory in knowing that you will outlast the grayness of this moment. One of the things that I'm working hard on presently is learning to be my best and do my best in every situation and circumstance no matter what. Anything you practice you become better in doing. So, I'm gaining in being prepared for some future thing that I will do by continuing the exercise of doing well right now!

 Sometimes the best thing we do all day is being a good teammate and doing all that we can to encourage others. Smiling in the tough times, being as relaxed as possible and being as kind and as friendly as possible to others can have a great, stimulating and lasting impact. If nothing else, You just might be the one positive reason that someone looks forward to going to work on Wednesday at the last moments of a dreary Tuesday! The appealing thing to look forward about going to work or school when that next morning arrives may be just seeing, being around and being connected to you!

Gray days will happen, are rteal and cannot be simply blinked away! We can deal with them well if we act as well as we can with where we are, who we are and with what is readily available to us.

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment