Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Is Grudging service NEARLY valueless service ?

 " I hate doing this. however..." , " I know I said I'd help, but these people are really nasty to work with...", " I do NOT know why anyone would think that doing this is a GOOD idea.", Imagine that these comment are made by someone  who is involved in a service project. This man or woman, young man or woman or boy or girl volunteered their time to serve and they are doing what they promised to do. Would these negative, rather snarky and unpleasant comments dilute the value of their volunteer service. Is grudging service, therefore of lesser value than willing, enthusiastic,pleasant and friendly service?

Looking at the definitions of the word grudging helps me to see why providing service in a grudging way  or to do ANYTHING grudgingly is indeed  rather obnoxious and insulting! The definitions include displaying a strong and contrary attitude, petty ,reluctant and unwilling. I would imagine that it must be odious for someone to be  be provided help, support and aid from a person in a negative way!

So, I'd have to say that grudging service is truly not worth being provided. to anyone. So, It may be best to chose to serve with an upbeat and positive attitude or be honest and principled and choose NOT to offer your service!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment