Popular Posts

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Needy does rhyme with Greedy

    "When "I " is found in nearly every sentence I speak and becomes just about all that I think about then, I am in MAJOR trouble!", I'm quoting me because this IS an issue that I need to work on FAR more and a vital issues that I must gain MORE traction on and victories over.

 I still have the childish idea that the person who gets the most obvious attention and focus is the person who is excelling in life It may just be true that this is the person who is simply the most demanding, the most insistent and the person who prays upon those least likely will  be the most reluctant to say " no" to him or her.

In many social situations that I find myself involved in, there are numerous people to associate with and to chat with. Some people would actually be pleased and delighted to be asked to enter into meaningful conversation. There are times what Johnny can also be spelled "S-H-A-L-L-O -W!!!"

One way to become a more interesting, engaging and internally and substantially "richer" person is to engage in many conversation with people who have different opinions , different perspectives and perhaps who just think differently.When people fixate on those things which are popular, they are deciding to wall themselves off and limit, starve and continually shrink the influences affecting their lives. When I become to needy and greedy and needy , I'm also likely to become snobbish and excluding and I'm making myself the type of person that I would not find to be appealing to interact with were I to be someone else!

 There are also conversations to have that do not need to be dependent on others. Prayer and Meditation are good things to pursue at my seemingly loneliest and emptiest times. God does tell me that He is available to me 24-7 and that He always delights to have me be in contact with. He is also never too busy, preoccupied or too busy or distracted.

 I am also a reader. Books allow you to become engaged, involved, provoked, challenged fed and educated at any time you wish to be.

It is clear to me that when I'm needy I'm also becoming obviously , insensitively and obnoxiously greedy. If I take a step back and examine myself and consider what the best and healthiest options are that are available to me, My history shows that I'm likely to deal well with that time of struggle and uncertainty!

 - Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment