Popular Posts

Sunday, February 13, 2011

When you can't help wonderin', " Where do I belong?"

As the last hours of Valentine Day's Eve 2011 evaporate, This song lyric, which I believe comes from the Early 1960's musical Stop The World I want to Get off" come to mind.

 Being an orphan is an interesting place to be, My mother died in July in 2001 and My father 6 days after New Years in 2002. My mother told me, loudly and painfully shrilly that " I wasn't good enough"  to be her child from the earliest days I can remember. Sometimes, She was beating me as you said this. My father told me, often as well, " That his son should be someone that he'd be proud of". He'd ten, sometimes with a smile on his face that, " he never had any reason to be proud of me".

This, even though, I was the first born of 3, it was always clear to me that my sister were proudly my parents daughters, while I was an an undesirably adopted child within my own birth family! YUCK!!!!!!!

I attended a Birthday party for a six your old boy today At one point today, His mother told me, " You are a part of our family" . This maay cause you to think that I am a wimp or sissy for admitting this. but Tears are NOW flooding my eyes as I type these words. I am touched, overwhelmed, overpowered and over joyed that there is a human being on this planet saying this to me. Thank you, Paige, I've gained an amazing EARLY Valentine's present tonight.

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment