Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Value of Our Individuality

 We are all unique! We are separate and while we all need and truly do better with others, We all have our own abilities, sensitivities , intelligence, imagination and opinions.We have dreams and we do not, in any sense,need to sublimate them to the will of anyone else.

  Yet, Many of us see ourselves as rather insignificant, dubious and slight. We compare what we believe we can do to what we note, what we observe others are doing."They are mighty, impressive and capable and so I will look up to them because they are simply more than I am!", I wonder what we would think or do if we discovered  that they look at us and pretty much think THE SAME THING!

Our individuality is a gateway to possibilities and making a difference, it is a weapon to be used to make our contribution and put our stamp on progress and achievement. Our smile can be a way to let people know that things are good right now- it might help them to consider how things are going for them right now and how much are they invested in the quality of his or her life. When I give speeches in Toastmasters, I'm expressing my methods, as I see best to express myself and I offer to them a model, to consider, as to one way that they MIGHT choose to express themselves. Thus, We all act as both teachers and students all at once when we take our individuality seriously!

" I am, I can, I will" are six simple words but in the mind of the person who values his or her INDIVIDUALITY these are words that can make a vital difference!

 - Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment