Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Resolute

 There are some people who I will candidly admit to being in awe of. I write, in this case , about two men who I have the honor of working with as a leader in District 27 Toastmasters.

 One is a man who has honored me by agreeing to serve as a coach and a mentor to me. His name is John Lesko and he is the Immediate Past District Governor. John is a masterful speaker and teacher and is a gifted artist. He is training me not to be deterred by results that are less that I originally hoped or expected them to be. He is also teaching me top work with optimism and enthusiasm- to keep urging, extolling and pleading with the members I serve as a Division Governor to do anything and everything that we can do to be of maximum service to every single member of the clubs that I work with.

The other man is the CURRENT District 27 Governor, Paul White! Paul is a story teller par excellence.He is also an amazing magician. He knows how to get people to give of themselves willfully and joyfully. he is also a kind, compassionate and thoughtful man. Paul often reminds me that giving all you can to others is a tangible way to show them just how much you truly value them. Paul knows that my joy in Toastmasters is being a Speech Competitor, He has also heard me tell him that I find competing to be more nourishing for me than being in leadership!

Paul then challenges me to consider what makes a champion is being dedicated to being the best out in him or herself and then learning to bring the desire to achieve and accomplish out in others. Paul then tells me that is what i am learning to do now. In spite of struggling with severe health problems, Paul lives out his District Motto each day. His motto is - Let it shine and I do shine more effectively because of the blessing of being taught by and proudly serving under Paul White!

Paul white and John Lesko - In the First Edition of the ToastMastery Dictionary - There pictures need to both accompany and illustrate the word "Resolute"!

No comments:

Post a Comment