Popular Posts

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

There are times I long for an obviously More GENTLE!!! God.

 There are times, I must confess, when I want a gentle God. A God that seeks to flood my life with smiles, softness, puppies , kittens and cartoonish rabbits with eyes that are adorable works of art. This God would always seek to make sure I knew how wonderful I was and how my tomorrow will not have any stress, tension,harshness, opposition or difficulty.

 Yet such a life would leave me without any discipline, charter, strength, resolve or commitment.I t would make me likely to hide from or to run at full speed from anything or anyone that would demand anything from me. I'd not , at all, have anything of value to say to anyone who is struggling, suffering or at all beset, overwhelmed or tormented.

 This is not how my life is today  or any day- It is not a festival of  gentleness, softness, invincible comfort and  happy smiles and nothing else

My life is as it is and My God is as He is and that is The Absolute truth. Yet, How blessed it is that the God who makes things that are soft, fuzzy and gentle was sacrificing enough to take on humanity and be a servant and tough determined and audacious enough to die on a cross and trusting enough to be certain that He'd rise early on Sunday morn!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment