Popular Posts

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Inspiring when you don't think you have been AT ALL inspiring!

 I gave a speech today at a Toastmaster meeting about the recent rebooting initiated by DC Comics. They decided to erase the pasts of all of their chracters and act, in effect , as if they all first came into public awareness in September of 2011!

  I spoke about the value of linking into Iconic chracters who inspire us to seek to do the best for the best reasons. I spoke to the value of comic books as the first literature that children want to read and are even willing to spend their own money on in order to purchase books and magazines. The inspiration of seein g a child willing and eager to reach is at once dynamic and thrilling.

 I was tired today and thought I delivered my speech in just an adequate and pedestrian way, Yet, I learned that a fellow Toastmaster at the meeting remarked that being asked to think about Superheroes made getting up this morning and attending the meeting worthwhile. A guest I brought with me to this 8:15 Saturday morning meeting talked about re-thinking goals and priorities after hearing MY speech! That merits a "Uh" and a "Wow" all at once from me.

  Inspiration seems to happen when we speak from the heart and simply be ourselves- no matter whether we BELIEVE at any one given moment that we have been sufficiently motivational and inspiring or not!

 - Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment