Popular Posts

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Today, November The First, is the START of Birth Month for Me !

 Years ago, When I was beaten myself up and maligning myself savagely, a good friend stopped me in the middle of a vicious and whiny rant where I was skillfully negating myself and asked me one simple question. " when is your birthday?"

When I told her, she said, " here is a way to give yourself a wonderful month, Celebrate Birth Month, Make the month of your birth a time of continuous celebration and spoiling yourself.. 6 Years ago, I started to practice this idea, As I have a mid- November Birthday, Today IS the First Day of Birth Month.

This very day, Tuesday, November First, 2011 is ALSO the start of Month TWO of My 18 Month Prime Directive. With The help of a mentor and 3 Board Members, I'm working to let myself discover who I am, in a pervasive sense at my best. I'm then working to learn how to function, live and love in that manner on a consistent and predictable manner!

My Focus for The First Month, October, 2011, was to work , more consistently, to be more positive through out my day. I practiced becoming more effective in speaking, thinking, writing and acting more positively  towards all but MOST ESPECIALLY towards myself. I saw great improvement in this endeavor through out the month but I see  that I still have far to go. My Scripture for October was Phillipians 4: 8 and 9.

 My Theme for November 2011- The SECOND Month - is to understand why people like being around me and desire my company. I'm in earnest when I say that I don't understand why people respond to me in that way. I struggle, often, to find myself to be likable and someone I'd seek out to spend time with. This month I will be learning what people find likable, desirable and appealing about me. I will be seeking to discover what I do well and challenge myself to improve in these arenas. I will also be seeking to discern what people gain from knowing me, Birth Month seemed to be the best time to pursue this odyssey.

  I have chosen a Theme Song for THE Month - John Mayer's No Such Thing. My Verse of The Month is Psalm 139 :14 .

 I plan to really enjoy  THE NEXT 29 and a Fraction Days

- Johnny-

No comments:

Post a Comment