Popular Posts

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Ghost of Failure Past

 Someone once asked me to teach a class- an SAT Prep class- and I did not do a good job of it. I was working to tutor the children of high achieving and demanding parents. I was not a very secure person 4 years ago and I let  the fear of failure eat me alive. I was relieved of my position.

 I am NOW editing and making some changes in a Debate instruction proposal that I've been asked to present. The first version of this project was generally well- thought of but I was asked to make some changes to it. Making those changes has been an uphill climb and I've let tension and anxiety limit my progress on my current efforts.

 Just this morning, I  noticed that I felt bolder and more audacious . Over the last hour or two, I've made some noticeable progress after nearly 2 weeks of getting virtually nothing accomplished.

 I now need to remember that I can defeat the ghost of failure past!

- Johnny -

No comments:

Post a Comment