Popular Posts

Monday, December 5, 2011

Victory over Bullies

 One of the sad facts of my childhood is that I seemed to have been exposed to bullies no matter where I went. Most Alarmingly, The two must brutal and merciless bullies that I dealt with were my own parents!

 I've allowed this fear haunt me throughout most of my adult life. I've dealt with more than my fair share of bullies as an adult. Some who were intimidated, loud, threatening, menacing and intimidating. People willing to use force, when ever they saw it to be to their advantage. I once had someone beat me and tell me that he was going to kill me as he beat me. I once also had a landlord tell me that " I can get away with anything I want to and you can't stop me"

I've also known people who use insult, anger and threats of cutting off influence and contact to keep people under their manipulative control.

 This year has seen victories in this regard. I've been bolder, more candid and more willing to walk away from and expose bullies all at once.

 I know that there are dangerous, predatory, cunning, dishonest and menacing people who can and will harm people. I know that I am not invulnerable to those determined to do me ill!

Yet, I  know I'm not willing to live as a slave and to live my life to please bullies is to live in slavery!

- Johnny-

No comments:

Post a Comment