I seem to be reading and hearing people say that - "Education, in our current economic funk, needs to be practical. What you study needs to be able to get you employed!", This seems to be becoming a popular theme Thus, If you aren't able to be employed, these people will maintain, then your education was a waste of time and money.
I think education should be both mind and soul expanding. It should let you appreciate possibilities and not find yourself trapped and embedded in the immediate. It should teach you the value of education as being significant and valuable in and of itself!
So, I know people love to laugh at the person with a PHD in Physics who winds up being hired as a janitor. Yet, Is education for any GIVEN moment or is it for sustaining a quality of life that one can be proud of within no matter what!
Popular Posts
-
not to trap yourself in earlier made plans when better options are made available and all connected in the original plan are amenable to cha...
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
is one way to learn to live a life filled with gratitude.
-
at times, to exercise. However, I do TRULY like the results.
-
On Friday, January 9TH, 2014, I will post my last entry on this blog. I have come to see that it is good to wrap up a creative effort - en...
-
In two in a half weeks , I will take the next Major Step towards building a newer, fresher, more hopeful and far more prosperous life!
-
We, truly a nations of nations, celebrate Holidays that originated in other lands and cultures. We, however, add distinctiveness to them an...
-
Perhaps it is my perpetual inner child but there is an ease in those months. They provide a freedom from routine and a daring willingness t...
-
A man who was a Washington Sports Radio Fixture for years, Ken Beatrice, used to quote the following saying often " A man's potent...
-
I know absolutely that I am not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment