Friday, October 11TH, 2013 was the 5Th day of a long and dreary and very rainy week. It had been a week of too much strain, poor coping and too much festering frustration on my part.
I was much too wrapped up in my own as I descended an escalator to enter The Virginia Square Metro station in Arlington , Virginia.
I lifted my head in an effort to clear my head in an effort to be less me focused. As I looked down I see a Metro Police officer . I thanked him for his service, a very usual practice for me.
I noticed that he had a Dog, A Magnificent German Shepard , at his side. The dog was absorded in playing with a pair of rolled up sock dropping it, picking it up sniffing it and being absorded in plasying with it.
I did feel a stirring in my spirit then , " It is not as you are seeing it. You will get beyond - find joy, laughter and a reason to smile today." I began to smile and laugh for a bit and that broke the spell of gloom.
I shared that at an AA meeting later. A women told me, " I've never heard God spek in the Metro- That ia a first."
God can speak to me in many ways including through a fun loving and enjoying life dog!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
However, That does not mean, even on the verge, that waiting isn't appropriate and most necessary.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
-
What you do when you are in a situation where you feel strongly about something and really!!! want your way, There are times when you can t...
No comments:
Post a Comment