" You hurt my feelings. You are mean. Get away from me. I don't want to be your friend anymore." Children are easily offended and easily angered. They see today as lasting forever and to be hurt, offended , sad, frustrated and unhappy now MEANS, of course, it will last eternally and beyond that.
Our heart does out to FIVE year olds who respond to a SEEMINGLY nasty emotional wound that way. We are a little concerned when a NINE year old respond this exact same way. We vchallenger 14 year olds who are this easily emotionally wounded.
We know that 50ish men who respond to a rough conversation with some one they love this way need to " grow a pair", grow up and be realistic.
I've sulked too long today after feeling MISTAKENLY that I've been dissed last night by the love of my life. Life is too short, she is too amazing and there are too many good things to relish and thrive over to act like a " too easily rattled 5 year old in a sandbox " !
I am GRATEFUL for a slow day that gave me the chance to reflect and to decide it is best, TODAY, to be wise and prudent!
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment