Columbus Day is a cloudy, dubious and regretted holiday to many in 2013. Yet, I do wonder, literally where would we be if Columbus had never journeyed from Palos, Spain in August of 1492.
Columbus's plan was to find a route to China. He also thought he might well make contact, as well, with Japan and India.Columbus had no idea that there were two continents that were in the way.
The Vikings has landed had landed in North America nearly 500 years ago. They started a colony known as Vinland. Yet, Over time it was abandoned to vanish back into the wilderness. Sweden would eventually set up a colony in what is now Delaware and New Jersy . The Colony was named New Sweden.
We know that no one in the time of Columbus knew of The Great Atlantic Continents. W#e also have found no evidence that those who lived where we are now new of Europe a half of millienium ago.
So, Where would be now if these voyages and the voyages of those who followed them did not occur?
- Johnny -
Popular Posts
-
All things start and all things move forward and come to an end so shall it now be with This Beloved Blog of Mine! The First entry was ty...
-
Adam LaRoche, The First Basemen for The Washington Nationals just MIGHT have made life easier for Principals and Teache...
-
I am only as sick as my secrets! That which I so intensely hide tends to warp and corrupt me. Expressing myself and telling you what I thin...
-
I was in the midst of working- tutoring a nine year old boy when the Earthquake struck,. The room went up and down the lights flickered and...
-
We are now hearing about what a BRUTAL and Nasty bully New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is. The last two Redskin head coaches and the ...
-
About 2 hours ago, I was at a nearby Supermarket, I noticed a young, athletic-looking man wearing a "Wounded Warrior" T- Shirt. ...
-
My Church held its' annual meeting last night. My Pastor announced that my Church would be doing more in the way of women's minist...
-
and I've actually thrived here - in GREATER DC.
-
Darn! I must remember that sports do not = life!
-
the Finish Line .
No comments:
Post a Comment