Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Gracious was not my name today!

 I am a client of The Fairfax County, Virginia Mental Health Program I'm also recieving subsidized housing.

  What has been set up for me is a program that allows me to go into a Community Mental Health Center for one visit and then my therapist comes to see me the next time. The County Mental Health Program re-organized  back in July and my therapist was moved to another team

 I now have a 20 something therpist who is new to the system and to the position. Last month, We had our first appointment and inspite of direct confirmation , she showed up ast my appartment at a not-agreed upon time.

 Today , I had several critical matters that I wanted done and processed. She was to come here. She didn't have that recorded so she could see it and did not show  I was VERY displeased and dealt with her curtly and coldly!

  I  told her that  I did not need any extra stress today and that It is not the job of the county to add to my stress.

   I did calm down and we now have an a0pointment on Friday- sigh- A FEDERAL HOLIDAY- but not one for one of her agencies! Not ideal but  no other alternative worked either!

  I guess I need someone to help me understand why my process of therapy should, in and of itself, create issues that NEED to be dealt with in future therapy sessions. Yet, It may be unrealistic to think that I say " Do not make this an issue for me!! This should not be my problem" is unrealistic and simply "ain't GONNA happen"!


 So, Anyone have ANY good, wise and usable suggestions as to how I deal with a good, likeable, clever, witty intelligent and insightful therapist with tremendous upside and potential, who at THIS moment, seems more like a nuisance than a benefit?

- Johnny-

No comments:

Post a Comment