Popular Posts

Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Power of Imagining

 I am a teacher and a public speaker- I've worked with young children and I've worked with people who have been either people with a massive phobia of public speaking, people who  need to learn to become, in their own estimation to learn good techniques and improve as a public speaker or people who want to go from good to much better.

 I have found in such circumstances that it is best to place a vision before them as to what is ahead of them, encourage them by showing where what they are now learning will bring into their lives, of the new relationships that will be formed and how what they are obtaining now, even if it is difficult for them at this very moment, will provide the core of their future!

 This year has started off well for me. I made some decisions of refining and improving myself back in July of last year. I created a plan that I put into effect on the First of October- I designed this plan to stretched out to the First of May, 2013! I worried last summer if I'd grow weary and disillusioned as I wrestled to overcome long- time non-productive and self-sabotaging behaviors. I normally have not started new years well but by imagining a better future, I'm actually starting to live within an improving and, overall, much more desirable future!

- Johnny-

No comments:

Post a Comment