Popular Posts

Monday, February 13, 2012

Going the extra MILE to not hurt the easily hurt and offend the extremely sensitive.

 I am blessed in that a couple of families at Church have made this socially disconnected 57 year old a part of, in many and numerous ways, their family.

 One family has a 6 year old who is very fond of me. On Valentines Day, He turns Seven. I was sent an e-mail that I was invited to a birthday lunch in his honor, I missed that e-mail, my fault entirely and he was hurt that I did not have his birthday present ready for him.

 I felt about 1.3 inches tall. I apologized profusely, Today, I went out and bought an extra present. " Brendan" is a child who is easily hurt and is sensitive as well. As a former abused child, The tears and griefs of children weigh heavily upon me and will cause me to tear up and suffer along with them.

I once went to the Church where one of The Leaders of The Church was a Godly and Quite Dignified woman. She once said, " God moves my spirit to grieve and suffer with people who are in long -term and continuous pain." She did, then , tell us "But because I lived the life of a single mother, those are the people who I am most likely to act first to respond to."

 My heart goes out most quickly to struggling and hurting children.As someone who survived severe and comprehensive child abuse, I know how important it is to support and nurture the children who are most likely to hurt and who are slow to recover from hurts.

- Johnny-

No comments:

Post a Comment