Popular Posts

Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Thursday Morning Shock .

  Greater Washington DC- A place like Greater NYC and Greater Los Angeles where contacts and position matter. I was the Fourth of Fours Speakers addressing a morning assembly at Annandale HS.

The program that we brought was one on motivating students to become involved in Public Speaking and Debate. The First Speaker was a Non Com Marine Officer- a combat veteran who is now a recruiter. He told the students about how is training made him an effective field leader and strategist. Then, A man who has served his natiuon well as a Foriegn Service Officer in the State Department. He told them of the importance of choosing the right words . He is also a Magician. Very powerful. The next speker had Directed IRS operations in Thje State Of Vermont. she spoke of how Franklin Roosevelt used his voice and manner to get THE US through the worst of The Depression.


Then, My turn. The person on Disability. The man who suffered a Nervous Break Down 9 years ago. I talked to them about Debating. I asked them questions. I go t them buzzing. I was also told I made the connection with the students. I told them that their opinions mattered. That their logical poised well- supported arguments would be hard to deny and ignore. They will have their first class session on Wednesday and I'm goiung to be part of the launch. This feels sooooooo sweet!

WOW !

No comments:

Post a Comment