Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blog Entry # 366 - A Year's worth of Blogging now achieved!!!!

 This is my 366th blog entry on this site!!! This means, even by leap year's standards. I now have a year's worth of entries on this blog!!!! YES!!!!!

 I really feel a sense of being revitalized, powerfully refocused and thriving on a " new birth of freedom" on this May 11Th. I moved to a much better apartment, much more comfortable, desirable and far better maintained apartment on the 29Th of April. I am preparing to go to Mexico to help , as a part of a team, to build a school cafeteria and to minister to the children and adults of The El Florida Colonias , located high above the City of Tecate, Mexico. I will be serving as a member of an 18 person team representing The Grace Community Church of Arlington, Va.

 I was a teacher working in Private and Public Schools as well as serving as an instructor in a Home Schooled Cooperative from 1983 to early 2001. Not dealing with my past and deciding to avoid difficult and painful issues from my past led me towards a nervous breakdown that I finally succumbed to in August of 2003.

God has been gracious and has directed me as I've worked to rebuild and reorient my life. I feared, however, that my time as a teacher had come to an end. I tutored briefly in 2006 and enjoyed that- but came to see that as a "Last Hurrah". However, I am now once again tutoring  . This is a longer term assignment and I'm getting to lesson plan for this assignment. I am most excited and feeling very renewed !

 I am also down to my last 6 weeks serving as a Toastmaster Division Governor, I've learned a lot about creating a vision , motivating others to step forward and working to support individual Toastmaster members. I have struggled at times to do well in this position, but I see great hopes for a confident and positive finish to my term.

Life is not perfect but it is inviting and a great " Field Of Dreams" for me to play upon as I type this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment