Popular Posts

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Looking for a More Satisfying Role

I, as I have admitted before, live on SSI and SSDI. The last time I worked in a full time basis was in the spring of 2003.I was homeless for a while in late 2003 and in early 2004. I now live in subsidized housing provided by a program entiltled Pathway Homes.

 I am now beginning to seek to explore possible ways of escape, of living a life more satisfactorily sustainable. The main initiative is that I am now in the midst of is tutoring.I have been tutoring a 10 year old boy every Monday for an hour and a half. His mom tells me that I am restoring his confidence, something that she believes that his 4th Grade year has damaged.

I am still in a position where the hard landing in my " fall off the horse" STILL seems so jarring and painful that I still don't want to get back on the horse. Yet, I feel like I'm only visiting  my life. I , perhaps, need to get involved in some meaningful activities in Toastmasters which will help people see how compelling desirable Toastmasters is to be involved in! My Church also seems a place to establish my efforts as being productive and meaningful as I invest in both the programs and people connected to my church.

 That fall STILL seems to be far too painful, getting back on to ride still seems very scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment