Popular Posts

Thursday, September 6, 2012

The Disconnection Process

 You can find a way to link up with others. Activities and getting involved in causes can help. However, Unless you make personal coonections- those relationships are simply, by and large welded to THAT activity or project.


 I find that I struggle to have a sense of community. I spend far too much time alone. Too many long hours not talking with or menaningfully interacting with anyone. It's either work, honor a commitment on nothing.

 I know my being in Mental Health recovery affects some of that. I'd like to go out to eat more, to be invited to do things or know that I'm likely to get a " yes" when I ask others to join me. that happens so seldom that it is a cause for celebration aqnd notice when it does.


It makes for a barely there, empty and endurable way of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment